Friday, May 30, 2014

I Got Scammed

My phone rang waking me up from much needed sleep. Then things went down hill from there. The voice on the other end of the phone states he is calling from Microsoft. They are receiving reports my computer that i picked up a virus. So here are the facts. I just gave Microsoft my phone number several days ago when i decided to use their in the cloud program. I never give my real number but hey there such a big company what could go wrong?

I downloaded a virus X number of days ago. One I thought I had gotten of my computer and I was sleep. I throw in the sleeping part to make myself feel better. So I went along with the program until the side of my brain that was crying BS overcame the part of my brain saying all of this happened to you. Unfortunately by then it was to late. I called the place that has worked on my computer before and they said you were scammed. You can use your computer but do not connect to the net.

I wanted to cry but didn't. In comes my teen who says mom maybe its a blessing in disguise. My sarcastic reply was I am tired of my blessings wearing a disguise. So after i confirm several times to myself that I do not have the intelligence I was born with I start to think. Recently my daughter tried out for a theatre company but she had been sick for a week. Her voice was shot and she could barely do her monolog.

My nephew is one of the top runners in the country and he sent me a text after his last race. This is what i told them when you go out and give it your best but it turns out to be your worse do not worry. When the worst is out of the way you now have room to do your best. I made the worse business decision when i allowed myself to  get scammed but now i can make better business decisions.

I don't know why this happened. I do know that i will be out of commission for several months. SO i started a new book and maybe one of the good things is i will not only have product by the time I can access the net on my lap top but i will keep growing as a writer.

Turns out that the road to your dream is not always paved in sand many times there are unseen detours with lots of rocks. Be weary so you are not scammed.

Keep writing many times you are describing tomorrow today in your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment